[Koha] OPAC missing files

George Adams g_adams27 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 23 16:33:44 NZST 2008

> Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 19:57:01 -0400
> From: oleonard at myacpl.org
> To: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
> Subject: Re: [Koha] OPAC missing files
>
> >  But: Why doesn't /intranet-tmpl/prog/en/lib/yui/ do the job? What's the
> >  reason for using an online resource?
>
> You can use the locally hosted YUI files if you prefer. It's entirely
> up to you.

Actually, I have the same problem as the original poster.  Since performance really seems to be better if I host the YUI files locally, I have YUIPATH set to the default of "'/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/lib/yui"  .  This works fine for the Intranet... but any OPAC page that needs the YUI stuff will generate code like this:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/lib/yui/utilities/utilities.js"></script> which will fail because there is no "intranet-tmpl" directory in the OPAC tree.

Maybe Koha needs some sort of shared directory that contains web files needed by both the Intranet and OPAC side?  A directory that can then be mapped into the docroot of both the Intranet and OPAC sites within koha-httpd.conf ?

Maybe something like this? (code not tested...)

1) put this in the OPAC and Intranet sections of koha-httpd.conf:

Alias /koha-share/ "/usr/share/koha/webshare/"
<Directory "/usr/share/koha/webshare/">
    Options None
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

2) Make sure /usr/share/koha/webshare/prog/en/lib/yui/ exists, has the YUI files in it, etc.

3) Set the YUIPATH system preference to "/koha-share/prog/en/lib/yui"