[Koha] Vendor Question

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Apr 10 21:25:20 NZST 2008

"Joshua Ferraro" <jmf at liblime.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 5:51 AM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> >  Would you sign up with a vendor who sends 1Mb of broken[1] PDFs to a
> >  mailing list?
> Let's agree to avoid this kind of hostile tone on-list, it's no way to have a
> discussion.

So if someone emails me and dozens (hundreds?) of others a large
unsolicited binary file, we shouldn't challenge that in public in
pretty strong terms?  That seems nuts.

> Whether or not the Linux Box folks can create a PDF has
> nothing to do with whether they can help me with my Koha system.

Perhaps, but I feel *how* they created the PDF (using non-free
software to make an apparently non-standard file) and what they did
with it (emailing it unsolicited to the list) might tell you something
about how they would approach Koha support.  LibLime might not care
about keeping this user in the free software world, but I do!

If someone wants on-site support, then it's going to limit the
options, but I suspect BibLibre and Calyx as well as TTLLP are happy
to accept international enquiries with remote support in general, so
it puts my nose out a bit when a company not seen here recently uses
someone not liking LibLime's prices as an excuse to mailbomb the list.
Limes are not the only fruit.

Or would you rather LinuxBox had work instead of koha-devel members
for some reason?

Puzzled,
--
MJ Ray (slef)