[Koha] Importing MARC21 file leaves out Items information

Jason Ronallo jronallo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 00:26:07 NZST 2007

hi, s,
How exactly are you trying to import your records into Koha? If I
recall correctly, using the web interface for importing records into
the reservoir does delete holdings/item information. The only way I've
found for getting my records into Koha while keeping holdings/item
information is to use the bulkmarcimport.pl script. You'll have to
consult with others whether there are any potential problems with
using this script in your case. In other words, proceed with caution.

If you do choose to go this route then here's what I do on Debian Etch
with a standard install:
# Make sure the Koha modules are a part of your path. I accomplish
this by adding "export PATH=/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules" without
the quotes to my .bashrc (or add the path to /etc/profile for the root
user).
# perl /usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/misc/migration_tools/bulkmarcimport.pl
 -v -file /path/to/marc-file.mrc

This has worked for me to get holdings information into my catalog,
but I may be overlooking something important. Please let me know if
your results are different.

--Jason Ronallo