[Koha] z39.50 search errors. How can I configure IBERMARC syntax on Koha?

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Wed Jun 13 22:32:29 NZST 2007

Hi José,

See below:

----- "José Alberto Albarracín Ramírez" <jaalbarracin at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi to all!
>
>     I need to solve my z39.50 search error a.s.a.p. PLEASE, PLEASE,
> HELP!! I HAVE A VERY HIGH NUMBER OF BOOK AND JOURNALS TO CATALOGUE!!
>
>     I configure 11 z39.50 spanish servers which are using IBERMARC
> (based on MARC21) and the z39.50 LOC server. All my searche are
> failure. I get this "holy" error: "500 Internal Server Error".
Could you please let us know:

1. what version of Koha are you running?
2. what operating system and version/distro?

Also, if you're getting a 500 error, there's gonna be an Apache log
saying what the error is, please paste in the relevant lines from that
log.

>     Anyone (I don't remember his/her name), told me a few days
> before,
> that my proble would be cause because of I have missconfigured o not
> configured Koha MARC21 syntax as IBERMARC syntax:
> http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/defns/oids.html. I and my computer
> administrator try to solve it through different way bay, now I think
> he/she was righet and that cause could be "my all z3950 search
> problems
> cuase".
>
>    I try to download some bibliographic record only from LOC, and can
> find it but, can't download it. I do believe that I need to configure
> my syntax to IBERMARC to Koha can understand what is searching and
> downloading.
>
>    What do you think? Can anyone help me, please?
It's possible we need to add a new column to the Z39.50 table to allow
specifying the OID for the server. Could you give us the Z39.50
target info so we can test the target's responses? (please don't send
user/password info on the list though).

Cheers,