[Koha] upgrading to Koha 2.0

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Jun 8 22:40:37 NZST 2007

Robert Polidoro <roberpo at judcom.nsw.gov.au> wrote:
> Is upgrading from 1.2.3 to 2.0 similar to upgrading  2.0 to 2.2.* as in
> making the symlinks, etc, as described in these steps:
> (http://www.kohadocs.org/Updating_Koha.html#d0e285)

That's how to upgrade to koha-CVS, which is only a good idea if you're
taking part in alpha-testing IMO.

To upgrade normally, download a tarball and follow the README, which
should tell your to do something like run
  perl koha.upgrade

> [...] This will be running on debian system with  MySql 5.0 and apache 2

There are a couple of small bugfixes for 2.2.9 for Mysql-5.0 which
aren't yet in a release.  The patches are downloadable from
http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/koha/misc/koha.mysql?r1=1.10.2.2&r2=1.10.2.3&pathrev=rel_2_2&root=koha&view=patch
http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/koha/updater/updatedatabase?r1=1.100.2.60&r2=1.100.2.62&pathrev=rel_2_2&root=koha&view=patch
with some notes on patching at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/koha-devel/2007-03/msg00092.html

I don't know if there are other patches worth applying.

[...]
> This Message is intended for the addressee named [...]

Please switch such footers off for mailing lists.  They do not seem to
make sense.  I am not koha.lists.katipo.co.nz (the addressee named).

Regards,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.