[Koha] Why No Discussion Forum?

Jason Ronallo jronallo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 00:46:38 NZST 2007

On 6/5/07, Bo Schafers <bo at weavebrain.com.au> wrote:
> I'd like to ask the question, why is there no Koha Discussion forum?

Koha lists are archived and searchable through google, which gives hits here:
http://www.nabble.com/Koha-f14380.html
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.koha

I don't know about others, but here's my take on this. I do not use
forums. I don't want to have to remember to go to a site and log in to
something else. E-mail comes to me. I have a clear way to filter, sort
and archive my email unlike most forums I've interacted with.

Maybe this is less so these days, but probably true among many Koha
users around the world still: e-mail is faster and more lightweight
for those on slow, expensive or inconsistent internet connections.
Forums would not serve this segment of the Koha community as well as
an active email list.

--Jason