[Koha] Koha mysql error

Jochum van der Heide jochum.vanderheide at lifehope.om.org
Tue Apr 24 21:44:43 NZST 2007

Hi Dennis,

I just now noticed your email to the list and see that you have similar
problems as I have with installing Koha. Did you solve the problem yet?

The installer does manage to create the database and the mysql user but
I'm not sure what's causing the error: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied
for user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I've tried using the same password for both the mysql user root and
kohaadmin, but that doesn't work. when using mysqladmin it does accept
my root password.

I'm not really experienced with mysql other than installing it and using
it on a few servers. When starting mysqld with --skip-grant-tables
--user=root & the Koha installer does give a warning that mysqld is
running with skip-grant-tables, but continues to populate the database
and finish the installer.

Hope someone on the list is able to give me some pointers and help me
solve this problem.

I'm trying to install Koha on CentOS 4.3 with mysql-server 4

-Jochum

Jochum van der Heide

IT Support
OM Lifehope