[Koha] Barcode scanner - keyboard wedge or not

Waylon Robertson genjimoto at ezysurf.co.nz
Fri May 16 00:49:54 NZST 2003

15/05/03 20:17:38, "T & J Kotula" <tjkotula at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
Okay. If you have a serial port scanner.. one that plugs into the serial port, you will need to do the following initally:
Go into windows control panel (Start menu - Settings -- Control Panel) and go into Accessabilty options and goto the General tap. Toggle the SerialKeys Checkbox so its ticked, then go into options
and set its baud rate, et. al. then click okay a number of times until your out of it... and close the control panel.

Running:
To input a barcode, you will need to put the cursor in the correct location. Depending on your setup, you may need to press enter on the keyboard afterwards.
Waylon.
Secretary of the Theosophical Society In New Zealand Inc, Palmerston North branch/ Developer of Koha for The Theosophical society in New Zealand.

P.S. Would anyone be interested in perl code that creates a form letter for an individual, for overdue books? I.e, the overdue.pl says X borrower has 3 books overdue. You click alongside one, and it
pops up with a letter with their current address, city, email, the current date, "You have these books overdue:" and underneath that, has the book name, author and due date for each.. then, at the
end says "You will incurr a fine of " <overdue fine> "for each day these books are overdue.
Ive done this code.. so if anyones interested.. i might analysis the new template system, and see if i can create it.