[Koha] Koha on WSL?

David Liddle david at liddles.net
Tue Apr 9 03:36:42 NZST 2024

Hello Julia, Paulo's response is possibly the best advice. You can
likely run Koha on WSL, but there are some caveats, which I discovered
in the course of experimenting for curiosity's sake:

- WSL must be running on Windows 11 22H2 or later.
- You have to enable 'systemd' in order to enable 'runlevels', a
requirement for the database server. See
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/systemd
- You have to enable 'mirrored' networking mode in order to access the
web server from other clients. See
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/networking#mirrored-mode-networking

There may be other requirements in addition to these. My experiment
was conducted with Windows 10, so it came to a halt when I had to
access the Koha web interface and finish setup. Up until that point,
though, the installation went very well, and the Debian 12 system was
pleasantly responsive.

Regards,
David Liddle
System Administrator