[Koha] Koha community resource has virus?

David Liddle david at liddles.net
Mon Apr 8 23:20:47 NZST 2024

Hello, Raymund... you're doing the right thing by reporting the state
of your PC to the IT department. However, it is unlikely that the
source of your pop-ups is the link or the site. VirusTotal
(https://www.virustotal.com) indicates that none of the reporting
vendors has detected malicious elements or activity at that URL.

You might want to review what sites have permission to create
notifications – this has proven to be the case with a few of the
people I support, though the original culprit could not be determined.
These settings can be found in these places:
- Microsoft Edge: edge://settings/content/notifications
- Google Chrome: chrome://settings/content/notifications
- Mozilla Firefox: about:preferences#privacy >> Permissions >> Notification
- Others: look for something similar

Hoping you can purge your PC of the wee beasties,

David Liddle
System Administrator
david.liddle at wycliff.de (but not for this list)

Wycliff e.V., https://wycliff.de