[Koha] Working with nginx and installing on URL prefixes

Thomas Klausner domm at plix.at
Sat Oct 7 04:01:35 NZDT 2023

On Fri, Oct 06, 2023 at 04:39:15PM +0200, Daniel Bünzli wrote:

> Do you think there would be consideration from the devs for this problem, that is the ability to serve koha on URL prefixes ?
>
> The current scheme makes it a bit inconvenient to integrate koha on existing infrastructures and I rather not get too much into the ugh workarounds, it’s annoying for everyone when we run into bugs.

I agree!

> Should I perhaps open an issue about this ?

That might be a good idea. Here are two threads from last year where I
had similar problems:

https://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2022-April/047011.html

https://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2022-August/047266.html

Here is a nice suggestion on how to get this into Koha:
https://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2022-August/047271.html

Which I was too lazy to do (esp as it's mostly QA work), and instead
implemented the aforementiones rewrite hack.

But if there were people working on it, I would definitly join!

Greetings,
domm

--
Thomas Klausner               domm                  https://domm.plix.at
Just another ( Perl | Postgres | Bicycle | Food | Photo | Vinyl ) Hacker

A not-so-short list of things I learned at PerlKohaCon #Perl #Koha
[ 2023-08-19 10:00 > https://domm.plix.at/perl/2023_08_things_i_learned_at_perlkohacon.html ]

Long and good read: http://bit-player.org/2023/ai-and-the-end-of-programminge 2023-09-14 12:01 > https://domm.plix.at/microblog.html ]