[Koha] Working with nginx and installing on URL prefixes

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Sat Oct 7 03:39:15 NZDT 2023

Thanks for your answer Thomas.

> This will take the output generated upstream (i.e. plack) and do actual
> regex replaces on the HTML. So ... ugh…

Ugh indeed :-)

Do you think there would be consideration from the devs for this problem, that is the ability to serve koha on URL prefixes ?

The current scheme makes it a bit inconvenient to integrate koha on existing infrastructures and I rather not get too much into the ugh workarounds, it’s annoying for everyone when we run into bugs.

Should I perhaps open an issue about this ?

> > b) Is there any strong problem I’m not seeing in trying to setup koha
> > the way I outlined above and use nginx rather than apache to serve the
> > app ?
>
> There might be some long-running scripts left that can only be run as
> CGI (because they fork).

If that’s the only problem one could still run these through fcgiwrap [1]. We are actually already running it for other purposes.

Best,

Daniel

[1]: https://www.nginx.com/resources/wiki/start/topics/examples/fcgiwrap/