[Koha] Virtual patron card in Koha

Mike D. black23 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 00:12:04 NZDT 2023

Hi,
for this purpose we use the Stocard app, which is very widespread in our
country. People enter their discount and membership cards into it. Laser
readers, which are otherwise common in libraries, are not suitable for
reading codes from phone screens. So we have CCD readers on the shelves
that can read codes from phones. The operator just has to place the cursor
in the Koha interface in the right place before reading the code. It works
quite reliably. We also considered the idea that a barcode directly in the
borrower profile in OPAC would be useful. Then no additional application
would be needed. In the future, we would like to learn how to generate
digital passes that can be imported into wallet apps on iOS and Android.
Such a pass can be emailed to the borrower by the system.

Michal
KohaCZ

pá 6. 10. 2023 v 12:53 odesílatel Laurence Rault <