[Koha] Electronic biblios checkout

Alvaro Cornejo cornejo.alvaro at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 17:13:37 NZDT 2023

Hi

Does anyone lend electronic biblios? How do you manage the checkout time?
Is it possible to define a deadline or expiry date for the checked out
electronic biblio?

What we want to achieve is to allow patrons to checkout electronic biblios
but after the checkout period the document will lock and can no longer be
accessed. Patron will need to do a new checkout. They might need to do a
checking of the biblio even though they will not "return" the electronic
document.

We are thinking on creating unique links/url to the file where we define
its validity time and can restrict document download, screen capture and
printing. i.e. patrons will only be able to read the document online.

Any ideas?

Regards

Alvaro

 Stay safe / Cuídate/  Reste sécurisé
*7* Switch off as you go / Apaga lo que no usas /  Débranchez au fur et à
mesure.
 *q *Recycle always / Recicla siempre / Recyclez toujours
 P Print only if absolutely necessary / Imprime solo si es necesario /
Imprimez seulement si nécessaire