[Koha] support newer Linux version

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Sat Nov 4 00:16:14 NZDT 2023

Hi ReindeR

You wrote:

 > New to the list and not yet a user of Koha. The IT-person who will
 > install it says that it runs on old Linux-versions he does not have
 > anymore.
 >
 > Indeed, when I check the specs and compare that with Wikipedia I see
 > that both the mentioned Debian and Ubuntu-versions are not new.

According to
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/System_requirements_and_recommendations#Koha_23.05
the most current version Koha 23.05 supports operating systems Debian
GNU/Linux 12 and Ubuntu 22.04, among others.

Debian GNU/Linux 12 ist the most current Debian version (presumably
supported until June 2028).

Ubuntu 22.04 ist the most current Ubuntu LTS version (supported untiel
April 2027).

Use one of these instead of any older operating system version.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes: Michael