[Koha] Item search results displaying 264 publishing info?

Hernandez, Heather H Heather_Hernandez at nps.gov
Thu May 25 08:00:37 NZST 2023

Hi!

I use the Item Search (by call number) in the staff interface for shelflisting, because it can sort Library of Congress call numbers correctly, and I've noticed that my recently cataloged items which have the publication information in the MARC21 264 field have a blank "Publisher" in the search results table.  The table of search results displays information from the 260 $b in the "Publisher" area of the search results, but not publishers from the newer 264 $b field.  Is there something that should be set or changed somewhere?  Or have I maybe found a bug??

We're on version 22.05.11.000 and I couldn't find anything related to this in Bugzilla—if there is something there, could someone point me to it?

It's rather important information since the table of search results doesn't display anything from a 1XX field, and when I'm cataloging a pile of nautical instrument catalogs, a lot of the titles are, e.g., "Catalog no...." or "Bulletin..." or "Nautical instruments..." and the publisher in the 264 $b is the only displaying element that tells me the name of the company issuing the catalog (which I'm using to create the cutter portion of the call number).

Thank you!!  Cheerio!
h2

Ms. Heather Hernandez (she, her, hers)
Technical Services Librarian
Library catalog:  https://keys.bywatersolutions.com/
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Research Center
2 Marina Blvd., Bldg. E, 3rd floor, San Francisco, CA  94123-1284
415-561-7032 (office, generally M, W, F, telecommuting Tu,Th)
heather_hernandez at nps.gov<https://webmail.lmi.net/src/compose.php?send_to=heather_hernandez%40nps.gov>