[Koha] Fwd: Dead Koha Resuscitation

Hector Gonzalez Jaime cacho at genac.org
Fri May 19 13:35:01 NZST 2023

On 5/18/23 19:18, Bruce A. Metcalf wrote:
> On 5/18/23 17:35, Chris Cormack wrote:
>
>> What does
>> sudo koha-plack --start instancename
>> Do?
>

> root at store:/home/bruce# koha-plack --start library
> bash: koha-plack: command not found
>
> Which I thought was pretty odd, so I went to the /usr/sbin directory,
> and:
>
> root at store:/usr/sbin# ls -l koha-p*
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 13538 May 13 23:26 koha-plack
>
> then
>
> root at store:/usr/sbin# koha-plack --start library
> bash: koha-plack: command not found
>
> Which seems even more weird. Are the permissions wrong?
You are still missing /usr/sbin in your PATH variable.  You seem to be
running bash:

export PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:$PATH

(bash can do this in one line).  Copy the command exactly, CAPS are
important here.  Linux does not have the current directory in your PATH,
which means it will not run a command from the directory you are at
(this may feel strange if you come from a windows environment, but is
normal)  The command would have run if you had typed:

/usr/sbin/koha-plack --start library

your system seems to be in a strange situation, you might want to
uninstall koha, remove all dependencies, and install it again:

apt-get remove koha-common     <- this does not affect your database or
configuration files.
apt-get autoremove             <- this deletes every dependency that is
no longer needed, which should be a ton of perl libraries.
apt-get install koha-common      <- this should reinstall koha, and
every one of its dependencies.  If your system has problems, this
command would eventually fail.

If this last command fails, I'd like to see the contents of your
/etc/apt/sources.list file and every file at /etc/apt/sources.list.d