[Koha] Fwd: Dead Koha Resuscitation

Bruce A. Metcalf library at augustansociety.org
Fri May 19 08:48:33 NZST 2023

On 5/18/23 15:53, Chris Cormack wrote:
> Hi Bruce

I Chris. I remember meeting you in Reno!

> We've found the problem.
>
>> root at store:/# apt-get update && apt-get install --reinstall koha-common
>> [some lines skipped]
>> Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
>> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
>> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
>> or been moved out of Incoming.
>> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>>
>> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>> koha-common : Depends: libtest-dbix-class-perl but it is not going to
>> be installed
>> E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
> This is the issue right here, koha-common can't be installed cleanly because a package it depends on is missing.
>
> What does
>   sudo apt install libtest-dbix-class-perl
> Result in?

root at store:/etc/koha# apt install libtest-dbix-class-perl
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  libtest-dbix-class-perl : Depends: libdata-uuid-perl (>= 1.215)
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages

So, I did:
root at store:/etc/koha# apt install libdata-uuid-perl
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
   libossp-uuid16
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove it.
The following packages will be REMOVED:
   libossp-uuid-perl libsoap-lite-perl libxmlrpc-lite-perl
   libdata-uuid-perl
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 3 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 24.8 kB of archives.
After this operation, 833 kB disk space will be freed. etc.

Now when I do:
root at store:/etc/koha# apt install libtest-dbix-class-perl
It all seems to run correctly.

And when I enter:
root at store:/etc/koha# apt install koha-common
That too seems to run correctly.

But still no love for the OPAC or admin interface.

Feels like good progress though. What next?

Regards,
/ Bruce /
Bruce A. Metcalf, Librarian
The Augustan Library