[Koha] Background job / Staging MARC import stuck at 0%

Cindy Murdock Ames cmurdock at ccfls.org
Wed May 10 06:37:06 NZST 2023

Hi Michael,

Can you confirm your koha-conf.xml contains a message broker section, like
this?

<message_broker>
   <hostname>localhost</hostname>
   <port>61613</port>
   <username>guest</username>
   <password>guest</password>
   <vhost></vhost>
 </message_broker>

I had the same problem after upgrading from 22.05 to 22.11; I'm guessing
22.05 must have had some defaults set in the code that allowed the message
broker to start automatically without this section whereas 22.11 must not.
I was missing this section and added it and was able to complete imports
after restarting Koha.

I'm still having the issue with zombie background jobs (I'm afraid to test
rolling back the code on a production server) but I made a hacky bash
script to run as a cron job to check for them and kill them off so at least
our staff can do batch imports without issue, but that's another matter.

HTH!
Cindy

Cindy Murdock Ames
IT Services Director