[Koha] How To Add OCLC in Koha Z39.50 Server.

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Sat May 6 21:28:10 NZST 2023

Hi

You wrote:

 > Dear, I changed the settings as you said but it says book search
 > result not found. I have attached the modified Z30.50 screenshot link
 > below please reply.
 >
 > Z30.50 Screenshot link: https://i.ibb.co/vwrx0rZ/Z39-50-Server.png
 > Book Search Result: https://i.ibb.co/KFtGJCG/Capture-result.png

Please carefully read
https://help.oclc.org/Metadata_Services/Z3950_Cataloging/Get_started/Configuration_guide_for_OCLC_Z39.50_Cataloging

It says: "ID authentication: OCLC supports ID/authentication as
prescribed by the standard. We recognize the userId and password fields;
the groupId field is ignored. The service patron password is the
password that must be used."

As Mark Alexander showed in his posting, OCLC complains about "Invalid
Autho/password".

Thus I assume the Z30.50 service of OCLC is not freely available but you
will need to obtain a valid userId and password, or use another service.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes: Michael Kuhn