[Koha] One biblio record not visible in staff interface or OPAC

library at ssst.edu.ba library at ssst.edu.ba
Thu May 4 20:11:07 NZST 2023

(I'm assuming you have a process to request things from your IT/area that looks after the server.)

No, the only thing our IT did was set aside some server space for me and gave me PuTTY to install Koha and to set it up. I've been doing everything myself, basically by using the trial and error method and following online posts and instructions. I'd never done anything in Linux before. I have zero budget and zero help from our IT.

"Example: you decide to map biblio.title to 200$a (it was previously mapped to 610$a).
Run this script or you will have strange results in the UI!"

I still need to re-learn the tags as it's been years since I had any reason to use any MARC and I've forgotten a lot.

Thank you for the instructions, I will save them in a file I can access later when I need to use it.

Best regards
 Aida Đikić

Hi.

    How exactly do I run misc/batchRebuildBiblioTables.pl?? There's no system administrator who can do it for me.

This is run from the command line on the server where Koha is installed. If you don't have access, then there is no other way to run it. (I'm assuming you have a process to request things from your IT/area that looks after the server.)

Here is the help for this command:

This script rebuilds the non-MARC fields from the MARC values.
You can/must use it when you change your mapping.

Example: you decide to map biblio.title to 200$a (it was previously mapped to 610$a).
Run this script or you will have strange results in the UI!

Syntax:
./batchRebuildBiblioTables.pl -h (or without arguments => show this screen)
./batchRebuildBiblioTables.pl -c (c like confirm => rebuild non-MARC fields (may take long)

David Nind
New Zealand