[Koha] Koha Out of Memory

Coehoorn, Joel jcoehoorn at york.edu
Thu Mar 23 03:15:55 NZDT 2023

Memory and storage are not the same thing. The error sounds like a memory
issue, but deleting the files would only help for storage.

Where I am, the Koha server runs as a VM, and we backup the entire VM
nightly, so we are in a similar place regarding separate backups. However,
these files can sometimes still be useful as a way to speed up recovery
times. IIRC, there is a parameter somewhere, perhaps as an argument to the
cron script, that tells it how many of these history files to keep. You
might try reducing the number down to just 1 or 2, which is what we did.

*Joel Coehoorn*
Director of Information Technology
*York University*
Office: 402-363-5603 | jcoehoorn at york.edu | york.edu