[Koha] Need Department and Designatation info for Patrons

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 18:01:57 NZDT 2023

Hi Rupinder,

You have a couple of options:

1) Use sort1 and sort2 fields for the purpose (provided you are not already
using them for something else)

2) Use extended patron attributes

NOTE: if you use the second option, IIRC, you may not br able use the data
stored in these fields directly in your patron cards unless you build
workarounds for that, which is entirely doable because of the opensource
code of Koha.

FWIW, we typically use option #1 for our client-partners.

Hope this helps

-idg