[Koha] Circulating non-specific items

Caroline Cyr La Rose caroline.cyr-la-rose at inlibro.com
Thu Mar 16 09:15:48 NZDT 2023

Thank you, Lauren!

I had thought of the envelopes too (like the hanging clear plastic ones
we had "back in the day" for books with audio cassettes). I think that
will be the most obvious/easy option.

I'm guessing your equipment and weirdly shaped items each have their own
specific barcode?

They told me specifically that they wanted a sheet with one barcode for
"dinosaurs," and one barcode for "sea creatures," and whatnot. But I
don't see how that could work with Koha... You can't check out the same
barcode to multiple patrons at the same time, and when you check in, how
does Koha know from which patron file to remove the item? Anyway!

Thanks for your ideas! I'll let them know about the clear plastic
envelopes as an option.

Caroline