[Koha] Upgrade to 21.11 Fails

Bruce A. Metcalf library at augustansociety.org
Wed Mar 15 11:22:49 NZDT 2023

On 3/14/23 01:05, Mason James wrote:
> On 14/03/23 5:53 pm, Mason James wrote:
>> On 13/03/23 5:13 am, Bruce A. Metcalf wrote:
>>> On 3/12/23 10:34, Katrin Fischer wrote:
>>>
>>> To review, an upgrade to 21.11 (OldOldStable) and Debian 10 results
>>> in [Internal Server Error] screens.
>>
>> the short version is that your koha instance is probably missing a
>> log4perl.conf file
>>
>> a simple way to correct the problem would be to create a new instance,
>> then copy the missing log4perl.conf file from the new instance

I'll check to see if I have room for this.

> here is an example of a log4perl.conf file - please search/replace it,
> as required :)
>
> # cat /etc/koha/sites/tp3/log4perl.conf

I had to create the tp3 directory to do this. Now the system reports two
instances, my original and tp3. Does this sound wrong?

There is a log3perl.conf file in my /etc/koha/sites/(instance)/
directory, and it looks just like the one suggested.

Perhaps it's something else. Any other ideas?

Cheers,
/ Bruce /
Bruce A. Metcalf, Librarian
The Augustan Library