[Koha] How to limit number of copies?

Victor Barroso Oliveira vbovictor at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 06:36:17 NZST 2023

Hello,
In Koha it is possible to Add an instance or choose to "Add Multiple
Copies" simultaneously to a record.
So far so good. More..... I had a situation where an employee mistakenly
typed 800,000 copies for a record.
As a result, when Koha started its automatic Indexing routine, it consumed
all of the server's memory and crashed system access. When I tried to
delete the 800,000 copies in batch, the system crashed. It took slow
deletion from 5,000 to 5,000 to reach 800,000.
Considering the aforementioned case, would any colleague know if we can
limit the quantity in the option "Add Multiple Copies"?
Thanks,
Victor