[Koha] Upgrade question: 22.05 -> 23.05 better directly or via 22.11?

Nicolas Legrand nicolas.legrand at bulac.fr
Thu Jul 20 20:52:34 NZST 2023

Hey,

Le jeu. 20 juil. 2023 à 10:40, Bruns, Anke <Anke.Bruns at gwdg.de> a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> we are considering an upgrade from 22.05 to 23.05 - in your experience
> would
> it be good to upgrade directly or to go first to 22.11 and then from there
> to 23.05?

I usually find it pretty straightforward to jump versions while upgrading.
We do this because we have quite a lot of plugins to adapt, so we roughly
update once per year. We plan to update from 21.11 to either 23.05 or
23.11. So far, we haven't encountered many issues (we use aptitude to avoid
conflicts and add an encryption_key entry to koha-conf.xml; see
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2022-June/058016.html). The rest
involves checking the homebrew plugins for changes in the Koha libraries.

have a great day,

--
Nicolas