[Koha] Acquisitions of books for the student bookstore

library at ssst.edu.ba library at ssst.edu.ba
Thu Jul 6 03:00:34 NZST 2023

Hello Joel,

No, as the system stands now they don’t. Unfortunately the in-house catalog doesn’t have any ordering capabilities, and it’s clear that the development team will not be able to make a book order module for several more months, possibly a year due to other obligations, and I need to find a solution ASAP. I don’t have a budget for any commercial solution, so if you or anyone else know of any open source one I could manage myself, I would be forever in your debt.

There is a possibility that the uni will switch to having the students use books then return them at the end of the semester, in which case I could use Koha’s acquisitions module for that, correct? But that won’t be any time soon, not until many meetings and discussions etc.

I only know that I can’t use Excel any more and I am desperate to find a solution.

Best regards

Aida Đikić