[Koha] Permanent loans best practices

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Thu Sep 8 00:24:12 NZST 2022

Hi Anke,

we usually use a hard due date far in the future as well.

I would not recommend using an incredible long loan period, as this
forces Koha to calculate for holidays and can slow things down quite a bit.

Also with all issues having the same date, you can easily identify them
as permanent loans and if you'd like to, you could replace the date with
the text "Permanent loan" in the OPAC using jQuery quite easily.

Hope this helps,

Katrin