[Koha] Question regarding patron anonymization

Andy Boze Boze.1 at nd.edu
Fri Oct 21 08:48:30 NZDT 2022

Hi, all.

We regularly run the patron anonymization script as documented at <
https://koha-community.org/manual/21.11/en/html/cron_jobs.html#anonymize-patron-data
 >. The documentation doesn't go into details of exactly what the script
does.

The documentation for the batch patron anonymization <
https://koha-community.org/manual/21.11/en/html/tools.html#batch-patron-deletion-anonymization
 > say "This tool allows you to bulk anonymize circulation
histories...", by which I assume it means it will replace the
borrowernumber in the old_issues table with that of the anonymous patron.

I'm wondering whether any anonymization is supposed to occur in the
statistics table. Our statistics table goes back several years, and I
don't see any anonymization of the borrowernumber there.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Andy

--
Andy Boze, Associate Librarian