[Koha] Another DBI Exception for foreign key constraint in upgrade to Koha

David L. Whelchel dlwhelchel at outlook.com
Tue Oct 11 09:40:58 NZDT 2022

Hi,

The following message was sent and held by the moderator as being too long ten days ago. I have been unable to update to the current version because of this issue. I have removed the detail about the environment and installation that I included and that are usually asked for in a bug report. I will send the details if they are wanted

Hi All,

It seems like that for every other update I experience a DBI Exception in the update process. In the latest upgrade of 22.05.04-1 to 22.05.05-1 I have received the message:

     Upgrade to 22.05.04.002  [14:33:32]: Bug 31086 - Do not allow null values in branchcodes for reserves
     ERROR - {UNKNOWN}: DBI Exception: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Cannot change column 'branchcode':
     used in a foreign key constraint 'reserves_ibfk_4' at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Installer.pm line 739

Indeed, there are null values for branchcodes in the reserves table as I do not have any courses or reserves in my system. Is there a fix for this error? I have included the console log below:

Thanks

--Dave
David L. Whelchel
725 SE Derby Street