[Koha] Ideas wanted for cataloging QA utilities

Bales (US), Tasha R tasha.r.bales at boeing.com
Thu Nov 3 03:04:44 NZDT 2022

Good morning,

I'm interested to know if anyone has developed tools to help copy catalogers quality check their work in real time.

For example, at a long-ago conference, I saw a librarian present Windows batch scripts they'd created to check cataloging in Millennium.  I don't recall the specifics, but for my purposes, I'd be interested in doing checks such as the following:

  *   Compare 260 to 008
  *   Check for the presence or absence of important fields in both bib and item record
  *   Check for agreement between item type and notforloan value

I could do the above with SQL, but I'm trying to get closer to first-time quality by catching the errors as they occur (maybe I could use jQuery to link a prebuilt report that would check the bib I'm currently viewing?).

Options might be Jupyter notebooks, or jQuery.  This is my first time working with a staff client that is a web application, so I'm not sure what is realistically possible or what anyone has already come up with (Google is not helping).

Any food for thought is welcome.  Even if I only "caught" errors such as impossible publication dates (e.g., 2039, 202, etc.), that would be a help.

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Tasha Bales