[Koha] Off-site storage

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Fri Oct 22 06:12:42 NZDT 2021

I would like to ask how other libraries are handling material in remote
storage.  Currently, we only have a location code for off-site material.
However, it seems we need a  way to clearly indicate that the material must
be requested a certain amount of time in advance.

Do you use the holds module for these items?  We haven't used patron
logins, or holds because it's primarily a reference collection.
Do you treat remote storage as a branch?
So many options, please tell me what works best for you.

Elaine Bradtke
VWML <https://www.vwml.org>
English Folk Dance and Song Society <https://www.efdss.org>
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)