[Koha] Koha Development Opportunity : Display of images in OPAC from multiple sources

Melissa Clarkson melissa.clarkson at nzica.com
Wed May 21 14:40:51 NZST 2014

Hello everyone,

My name is Melissa Clarkson and I am the Team Leader of the Library at the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants.  We have been on Koha for 2 ½ years.

We have started scanning book cover images that are not available from Amazon to have them available in our OPAC and also our current awareness bulletin.  They display great in the bulletin, but in the OPAC it creates formatting issues and looks plain ugly.

I have approached Catalyst IT in Wellington New Zealand about this issue, and they have advised that it will take 28 hours.  They will work through the bug that is creating this issue.  The outcome will be that we can use multiple sources to get the book covers from, including local images uploaded in to Koha.  I can't justify paying for all of this given it is 28 hours, so I'm coming to the community to see if you would be interested in contributing to a joint development of this.

If you are interested, please respond by email by 4 June 2014, with how many hours you'd be able to contribute to this development.

Thank you in advance
Melissa

Melissa Clarkson| Team Leader - Library Services | ddi: +64 4 474 7871
m: +64 021 0220 9720 | e: melissa.clarkson at nzica.com<mailto:melissa.clarkson at nzica.com>  | w: nzica.com<http://www.nzica.com/>

NZICA National Office | New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants
Tower Building | 50 Customhouse Quay | PO Box 11342 | Wellington 6142

The information contained in this email is intended only for the use of the
person/entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential
information and may be exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If you
receive this email in error, please notify the Institute immediately, then
delete. If you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from
using, disseminating, distributing, or reproducing this email. The opinions
expressed are the originator's only and may not be the opinion of the New
Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants. The New Zealand Institute of
Chartered Accountants accepts no liability for any loss caused, either
directly or indirectly, by a virus arising from this email or any
attachments.

This email has been scrubbed for your protection by SMX.
For more information visit
http://smxemail.com