[Koha] Effects of stopping the chron job

Jerry Carbone jerry at brookslibraryvt.org
Fri Aug 23 08:17:07 NZST 2013

We are a 3 library network that will grow to 10 libraries by the end of
2014. We have just come online in June and have upgraded to  Koha
3.10.09.0000.

At this time we are concerned with the fine updates that occur when the
chron job runs every night. We see   customer service issues arising   where
a patron may exceed the fine threshold of $10 with only a few items out, but
need to renew these items and would like to do it online.

What we would like to know is if there are any library systems out there
that assess fines  and have turned off the chron job?  What were the impacts
of doing so? If you did do it and then changed back we would like to know
that information as well. If you are a single library and have done this
please also respond.

Thanks for your input.

Jerry Carbone, Library Director

Brooks Memorial Library