[Koha] Importing circulation records

Linda Culberson lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Thu Feb 2 02:53:36 NZDT 2012

David,
It's been a while, but from my notes, I believe how we did it was by
using the barcode numbers and the borrowernumber from our old system,
and then tying the barcode to the item number.  We came from Aleph 500,
so it is a bit convoluted, and may not fit your needs, but basically, we
used old_issues and added a temporary field for the barcode.   From
Aleph, we got the borrowernumber, date_due, returndate, timestamp, and
the item's barcode number.   Then we updated the oldissues.itemnumber
based on the barcode.  I think the statement was something like:
update old_issues, items set
old_issues.itemnumber=items.itemnumber
where old_issues.barcode=items.barcode;

Linda Culberson      lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Archives and Records Services Division
Ms. Dept. of Archives & History
P. O. Box 571
Jackson, MS 39205-0571
Telephone:  601/576-6873   Fax:  601/576-6824