[Koha] Assistance for Koha

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Tue Apr 10 01:27:06 NZST 2012

On 09/04/12 23:09, shahas rahman wrote:
> Sorry for disturbing u,,
>
> let me ask one more thing,,,
>
> I read the manual but some points are missing for me,,,
The manual is not perfect, but it does have a lot of essential
information.  Like Koha, its open source, so you can help to improve it
if you wish.  :)
> I didn't do any configurations,
Koha is a complex, integrated system.  If you don't take the time to
configure it to your needs, its unlikely to behave the way you need it to.
> ,i need to place/recevie order and checkIn/CheckOut only.
> (For this, is it required to add 'item record' for each book,,,)
>
> Could u simply say the things that i need to do,,,,
Without seeing your system, its hard to say what the issue is, from the
information provided.  But again, check the system preference I
suggested the first time.  Koha allows you to set |AcqCreateItem |to
create an item when placing an order, when receiving the order or when
cataloguing.  It looks like the default value is 'when receiving an
order.'  Is that what you want?

I hope that helps.  I'm off to bed now.
Regards,
Bob