[Koha] Non-technical questions (and beating a dead horse)

James Ghiorzi JGhiorzi at lib.co.san-benito.ca.us
Thu Oct 6 07:48:56 NZDT 2011

Cookies my favorite :)

Respectfully,

James Ghiorzi
Library Assistant II
San Benito County Free Library
470 Fifth St.
Hollister, CA 95023
(831) 636-4107

From: koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz [koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz] On Behalf Of Chris Cormack [chris at bigballofwax.co.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 11:31 AM
To: Hal Bright
Cc: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
Subject: Re: [Koha] Non-technical questions (and beating a dead horse)

2011/10/6 Hal Bright <HBright at farmingtonlibraries.org>:
>  Owen,
>
> I agree the list should cover non-technical threads and topics, but every
> question (3 in total) I have posted that was non-technical came back with A)
> please do not use the "reply"button to start other topics (that was the
> reply I got for non-technical post #1 and non-technical post #2 when I
> forgot about the response from #1) and B) a resounding silence on post #3 ,
> #2 & #1.
>
> I then asked if there was need for a listserv for users (people who use
> Koha, but use support companies [the myriad that are out there] for most of
> the issues that come across this list). I was told no, that should be done
> here (after post #3), but still received no answer when I repeated post #3.
> I resorted to asking my service provider who provided an adequate answer.
>
> The above is supposed to come across as humorous, so a laugh is in order
> here>>get ready>>>wait for it>>>[Insert Laugh here]!!!!
>
> I have successfully posted technical questions and have received answers
> (and thank you!), but this is a tech heavy list.  I still feel the need for
> a users list is warranted, but feel that this is a community decision, not
> one where I just start a listserv and invite people to use it.

Well you could, but it may just end up like this. This is the non
technical list, koha-devel is the technical list, but you can't
control what people post where, nor who answers what, there are over
2000 people subscribed to his list, only a fraction of whom are
technically minded.

Unfortunately we can't compell them to answer, maybe offer a cookie
next time ? :)

(Note this whole thread is non technical :))

Chris