[Koha] new versions
Shelley & Kurt Kemperman
ksckemperman at chartermi.net
Wed Mar 30 23:54:32 NZDT 2011
I am unable to place holds with the version we have, even after trying
all suggestions. I'm hoping a newer version will fix that issue, but
also, I do want to keep up to some degree. We won't be able to
upgrade every time it's available, but I figured that if we wait too
long, retraining might be an issue. Our school librarian is a
"retired" nun in her seventies - computer stuff is not instinctive for
her - lol.
On Mar 30, 2011, at 1:28 AM, hansbkk at gmail.com wrote:
> My advice would be to go with the current stable version. If the
> project gets delayed, I'd personally only go with a .1 (ITC 3.4.1
> rather than 3.4) to avoid the initial bugs shakeout when a release
> gets more widely tested.
> Sorry I can't advise as to specific migration issues, other than to
> carefully read the relevant docs (readme's etc) before starting and of
> course to have a well-tested backup in place before proceeding.
> Just out of curiousity, are you upgrading to take advantage of any
> specific fixes or new features, or do you just want to "keep up" as a
> general principle/policy?
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 7:40 PM, Shelley & Kurt Kemperman
> <ksckemperman at chartermi.net> wrote:
>> Trying these questions again...
>> We currently have version 3.0.0 and want to update to 3.2.6 this
>> week. We are having the IT consultant that originally installed Koha
>> this winter do this. Any potential glitches or problems that I
>> be aware of? Will I have to reset anything in the new version?
>> Hoping the transition goes smoothly.
>> Also, would it be better to wait for version 3.4 in April? How
>> different will this one be?
>> We don't have full-time or even regular IT help - have to hire/pay
>> each service, so we want to use our money wisely.
>> Thanks, Shelley
More information about the Koha