[Koha] Idea: Basing Cart off Items instead of Biblios

Harris, Gary, DCA Gary.Harris at state.nm.us
Fri Mar 11 04:14:35 NZDT 2011

If the items attached to a biblio are for a best seller, patrons DO WANT a bib level hold. They don't care which particular item is received because they want to read the first available copy (item returned first).

Item specific holds become necessary for multi-volume sets or a particular format, or a particlar part of a series.

Gary Harris
New Mexico State Library