[Koha] SIP2 and OverDrive

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Wed Aug 31 02:57:34 NZST 2011

On 30/08/11 00:06, Paul Nielsen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have just had SIP2 set up for OverDrive member authentication. We now have a slight problem in that it is checking by patron type rather than by home library for reporting, despite thinking we had set it up to check by home library. I was wondering if anyone out there could shed some light on this for us?

The way most SIP2 authentication clients work is by requesting a patron
status or patron info message from the server, the response indicates
that the patron is valid matches the password given and returns a number
of informational fields. Neither of these include the patron home
library, although many clients look for additional fields encoding extra
information. You need to find out what field the client software may be
looking for and what message it is sending (probably a patron info request)
Cheers
Colin

--
Colin Campbell