[Koha] Brainstorm Help - Improve Reporting

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 02:32:46 NZST 2011

Hello all,

I'm the 'report guru' at work and while I love writing reports I'm
trying to think of ways to save me some work.  One thing that I often
do is open up two tabs in my browser so that I have the authorized
values open in one and the report in another. I'm looking for some
brainstorming help on a way to make the pertinent values accessible
right from the reporting module (shelving locations, patron
categories, item types, collection codes, etc etc).   I'm sure there
is some fancy way for us to embed links to important values or lists
of the important values on the create from SQL page ... or maybe just
one page with the values you'll need to query often.

Another option is to update the runtime parameters function to allow
for more pull down menus (right now it only has a pull down for
branches - that I know of).

Sorry for my jumbled thoughts, but that's what brainstorming is about :)

Nicole