[Koha] NULL items

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Wed Sep 22 08:49:22 NZST 2010

On 22 September 2010 07:29, Rachel Hollis
<Rachel.Hollis at stevenshenager.edu> wrote:
> Greetings colleagues, I have tried to get our Circulation And Fines Rules preferences to work to no avail.
> Recently I ran a Catalog Statistics report and discovered that 6251 out of 6386 items.itype are NULL which probably explains why the Circ Rules aren't working.
>
> Is there a way to assign or fill the NULL items.itype values with one of our itype values? Even better would be to assign a specific value for each shelving location.
>
> As far as I can see in the staff interface, the item types (942c & 952y) are filled in. Changing the 942c and 952y does not seem to alter the NULL; the Catalog Statistics report result number does not change. Additionally, any idea how I managed to have so many NULL items.itypes; could it be my adding a space prefix to Description when in Modify Item Type so that alphabetically the most used itype is the first choice?

Hi Rachel

There are 2 things you can check here, do you have item-level_itypes set?
And is biblioitems.itemtype set?

You probably want to item-level_itypes switched on, then to populate them
If so, a good start would be to run
UPDATE items,biblioitems SET items.itype=biblioitems.itemtype WHERE
items.biblioitemnumber=biblioitems.biblioitemnumber

That will fix the items table, there is then a script in
misc/maintenance called sync_items_in_marc.pl which when run will fix
the MARC to match what you have in the items table.

Hope this helps

Chris