[Koha] Foundation conversation

JAMES Mason mason at kohaaloha.com
Sun Oct 17 14:42:35 NZDT 2010

On 2010-10-17, at 2:32 AM, ed c wrote:

> I am not the one that said "used to care about" the assets when it is clear that members of the community keep referring to it. It is not only the domain, recently there were complaints about a logo.

> The Koha logo is an asset registered to PTFS in the United States and other countries according to Horowhenua Library Trust Koha Subcommittee report dated April 29, 2010 [1].

the HLT report is actually *refuting* that statement ;)

from the report [1]
----------------------------
“Koha and the Koha logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of LibLime in the United States and other countries."

This statement is wrong and we requested that the earlier version be reinstated:

“Koha and the Koha logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of LibLime and BibLibre in the United States, France and other countries”.
----------------------------

> Thus, if they want to change or make a different logo (asset), at least in the US, they have the right. It is their asset. So, no I am not confusing the issues.

yep, sure PTFS might decide to do that (and recently have => www.liblime.com)

however, people find PTFS/Liblime's recent 'KOHA' CAPITALIZING wordmark+new-logo hack very disrespectful to the Koha project
and more importantly.. folks have clicked to *why* PTFS/Liblime have done their wordmark+new-logo hack.

so PTFS/Liblime get caught out again, and lose more community karma... whats new?

in other news... check-out C&P-Bib's pledge to the Koha community, perfect!
http://www.cpbibliography.com/2010/09/pledge-to-the-koha-community/

[1] http://koha-community.org/hlt-koha-committee-report-on-discussions-with-ptfs/

cheers, Mason
--