[Koha] conversion marc21 to unimarc

LAURENT Henri-Damien henridamien.laurent at biblibre.com
Fri Jul 30 00:28:32 NZST 2010

Le 29/07/2010 11:52, Daniel Legoff a écrit :
> Bonjour,
> our library is moving to Koha this year with the help of Paul Poulain's
> biblibre.
>
> We are a large public library specialized in "francophone" (French
> speaking) litterature.
> Our Koha will be set up as using the UNIMARC format, inside and as the
> import format
> But we wish to use the canadian libraries AMICUS repository to import
> French canadian bibliographic records. They are exported in iso2709 marc 21.
>
> Does anyone of the Koha community knows of such an API configurated for
> translating marc21 to unimarc ?
> We have downloaded USEMARCON which is a conversion tool , but it leaves
> the user in front of the task of  typing in the marc21/Unimarc table..
> If we could avoid this !
>
> Thanks a lot
> daniel

Hi Daniel,
We wrote an xslt to translate from MARC21 to UNIMARC. It may need some
more work, but could be of great help in that purpose.
We could try and see if it conforms to your needs.
The problem is that some translations from MARC21 to UNIMARC tags are
not univoque. So we made choices, but maybe not exactly the correct ones
for a Library like yours.
I think many libraries would like to see such a translator written for Koha.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT