[Koha] Clarifying history of PTFS feature releases

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Fri Jul 9 07:43:47 NZST 2010

> I am at a loss to understand why everyone is suddenly bashing us for
> following the rules and the release path we were encouraged to use for
> these features. Other companies and developers have followed the same
> procedure (new features released on a public git repository) but that
> doesn't seem to be a problem, and those features have been updated and
> integrated.  A project with roughly six times the number of patches as
> ours is currently being worked with resources volunteered by another
> company.

This is untrue, the offer was for Catalyst to help out with community
QA, if anything it will result in more errors being found and more
work needing to be done by Biblibre.
So the QA work is being done by Catalyst for the community, not for
Biblibre, it is still their responsibility to rebase and send their
patches in a form that can be integrated.

However, since Biblibre have never tried to register a trademark in NZ
on an indigenous word that is part of my heritage. And in fact have
signed over the European Union mark to HLT as requested by the
community. I count them as good friend and were they to ask me for
help, I would happily give it.

Chris