[Koha] Perceptions 2009: An International Survey of Library Automation

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Jan 25 23:32:28 NZDT 2010

Nicole Engard <nengard at gmail.com>
> As usual, while I know where you're coming from ... are we saying we
> should all refrain from answering the survey and showing that Koha is
> used worldwide simply because the results aren't submitted as open
> source?  Seems like shooting ourselves in the foot to me.

No, I think it's for everyone to make their own decision, which is why
I didn't post against any call to answer.

Personally, I don't feel comfortable asking librarians to make that
effort for so little return as far as I can see.  It's little use for
marketing Koha because the Koha data is inaccurate.  The KohaUsers
list is more interesting.

As suggested late in Marshall Breeding's post, such whistle-blowing
surveys are more attractive for systems with closed single-company
communities.  Playing the game the proprietary ILS company way is more
like shooting ourselves in the foot, don't you think?

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software