[Koha] How to create MARC Records Manually

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 01:02:03 NZST 2010

This is the solution to your question.  It tells you how to both use
Z39 and how to do what's called 'original' cataloging in Koha.
Original cataloging is when you create a MARC record from scratch
(without copying from another library).

In the document Chris sent you it shows using Z39 but it does say "If
you want to catalog a record based on an existing record at another
library" -- that means you don't have to, just read through the rest
of the doc to learn how to use the editor.  I'll see if I can rework
that page so it's clearer.

When you click 'New Record' you are presented with some pre-set
templates, choose one and then you are brought to a blank MARC record.
 Simply fill in the fields here instead of clicking the Z39 Search
button.

Nicole