[Koha] Seeking opinions on the OPAC MARC views

Stacy Pober stacy.pober at manhattan.edu
Sat Aug 7 14:05:18 NZST 2010

Owen Leonard wrote:
>See my earlier comment in reply to Kurt:
> The above view (opac-MARCdetail.pl) respects the visibility settings
> you can configure in your MARC framework. So if you edit a tag's
> subfield structure and set the "hidden" value so that it does not
> display in the OPAC, it won't.

>I'm guessing the visibility of 952 in your framework is set to hide it
>in the OPAC

The 952 and the specific subfield designations are visible in the raw
MARC view but not in the Expanded MARC View.  In the Expanded View,
the data in that table presents the assigned public labels for those
elements rather than the actual contents of each subfield. For
example, where the itype subfield is 952$y, and that's how it shows up
in the raw MARC display,  the table heading in the Enhanced View shows
it as "Koha item type".

Owen Leonard wrote:
> OPAC's with XSLT preferences turned on will have the modal MARC view
> available in the OPAC. Those that don't will not. I've never seen a
> properly-functioning Koha OPAC which displayed the "raw" view as a
> normal full-page HTML display. I'd like to know whose is doing that.

Baltimore County Public Schools Online Catalog for Libraries does it.  Example:
<http://library.bcpss.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-showmarc.pl?id=64977>

--
Stacy Pober
Information Alchemist