[Koha] PTFS Koha Community Support and the Koha.org Website

John Yokley jyokley at ptfs.com
Sat Apr 24 10:51:39 NZST 2010

As you know, PTFS acquired LibLime and is integrating the LibLime operation
into our existing open source software business unit.  With this
acquisition, PTFS inherited quite a few tasks, all to be performed
simultaneously, and our work is not near complete.  However, we want to
increase our involvement within the community now, at this early phase of
the transition.

As promised, PTFS will continue to support the Koha open source community.
We understand that the http://koha-community.org/ website was set up as a
temporary measure before our purchase of LibLime, out of concerns that the
content of koha.org was out of date and was not under the control of
official members of the community.  To resolve this issue PTFS would like
help in updating and supporting koha.org. *
*
To that end, we email to solicit community volunteers to support and update
portions of the koha.org web site in a collaborative fashion similar to how
it worked about a year ago.  We understand that people in the elected Koha
roles had editing rights to the following areas on the site:

   1. Documentation
   2. Downloads
   3. Release Manager and Maintainer
   4. Translation Manager
   5. etc.

If the current or former persons in these or other roles are interested in
taking over these website responsibilities again, and returning to a
collaborative model for support of the koha.org site, please contact Kelly
Sherman at ksherman at liblime.com.

In addition, PTFS is happy to remain the host of the git repository and have
already set up a ‘new_features’ branch for the next version with permissions
to push granted to Chris Cormack.

PTFS looks forward to continuing our work with the community to mutually
advance the goal of producing the world’s best open source ILS system that
can truly go head-to-head with the legacy proprietary systems.

Best Regards

John Yokley
P | T | F | S
6400 Goldsboro Road Suite 200